We’re looking for a talented editor to join our team. In this role, you’ll be working with a team of talented crypto journalists based all around the world.
You’ll have your finger on the pulse of the industry—breaking stories, curating a compelling editorial, and ensuring Crypto Briefing maintains its status as a leading crypto-specific publication.
The ideal candidate would have strong connections in the crypto industry, a high standard of writing, and be comfortable managing a team of ambitious journalists.
What is Crypto Briefing?
Crypto Briefing was founded during the 2017 crypto-boom to highlight the builders and call out the scammers. We went on to raise $2 million in late 2018. From its origins in New York, Crypto Briefing has grown into an organization that spans every time zone.
Now, Crypto Briefing and its research division SIMETRI (the opposite of ‘asymmetry’) aims to give retail investors the same privileged look into the markets that insiders have. We’ve systematically evaluated hundreds of coins to deliver profitable insights to our subscribers and continue to report on the emerging trends in the industry.
- One to two years of involvement in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space.
- Two to three years of professional writing and/or copy editing experience and a knack for explaining complex concepts simply.
- Familiarity with popular CMS platforms such as WordPress, TweetDeck, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and OneSignal.
- Comfort interacting with smart contracts and sending and receiving crypto payments.
- Ability to work independently and remotely during peak hours of U.S. Eastern Time. (This one’s a biggie for us, please don’t apply if you cannot meet this requirement)
- A degree in journalism, finance, mathematics, computer science, or law.
- Prior experience working in media companies or high-growth startups.
- Skills in Python, R, or SQL for interacting with and interrogating on-chain data.
- Experience using Excel and Tableau to create attractive data visualizations.
- Domain knowledge of cryptocurrency mining, DeFi, or smart contracts.