BitMEX Releases BMEX Token Litepaper, Airdrops over 1.5 Million BMEX to New and Existing Users
BMEX holders can stake BMEX from Feb.1st, at 10:00 UTC onwards and start enjoying benefits.
Share this article
Crypto-products trading platform BitMEX today airdropped over 1.5 million of its BMEX Tokens to thousands of new and existing users. The airdrop comes a day after BitMEX unveiled the BMEX Token Litepaper, which outlines the ambitious vision, utility, and roadmap for the token.
BMEX is an ERC-20 Token with a Maximum Supply of 450 Million
Many of which will be used to reward new and existing BitMEX users. The tokens are locked in a 5-year vesting contract.
BMEX holders can stake BMEX from 1 February at 10:00 UTC onwards and start enjoying benefits. Trading of BMEX will commence in early Q2 upon the launch of the BitMEX spot exchange.
By holding and staking BMEX, users can receive:
- Trading fee discounts of up to 15%
- Exclusive privileges and experiences, such as early product access, BitMEX swag, and VIP tickets to sports events
- VIP services for users who hold 500 thousand+ BMEX
In the coming weeks and months, BMEX holders can expect:
- Exclusive product access and preferential terms for upcoming services
- An increased rate of return on BitMEX EARN deposits
- Free access to BitMEX Academy courses and private community channels
- Fee discounts on BitMEX Spot (launching in Q2)
Alexander Höptner, CEO of BitMEX, said:
“Although this is a huge milestone for BitMEX users, it’s important to consider that we’re just at the beginning of our journey. Crypto is at the core of a massive shift from analogue to digital, and we’re positioning BitMEX to be a cornerstone of this new paradigm. BMEX is the token for true believers in this new era and will be the fuel we use to expand the BitMEX ecosystem.”
BitMEX is a trading platform that offers users access to the global digital asset financial markets. BitMEX is owned by HDR Global Trading Limited.